Apple Cart /Buckets - 2014-15 School Year Policies and Check-out
We have 15 iPads for student check out this school year.
As recommended by the MTAC committee, iPad check out will be in sets of five in an “iPad Bucket”, Bucket ’s Red, Yellow and Green.Each bucket may be checked out each period of the day for use in electives or classrooms, using the following guidelines:
1. Reserve the use of an iPad Bucket in the Reservation book in the Media Center(please do this at least one day before you plan to use the iPads).
2. Check out & return the iPad Bucketto the Media Center during the school day.
a. K-1 Hall - An adult must check in/out
b. 2nd grade hall - An adult must check in/out
c. 3-5 Grades – Adult OR Student OR may check in/out in a teacher’s name.
3. The iPad Bucketmust be returned by the end of the period to the Media Center, unless you have it checked out for consecutive periods.
4. Reservations may be made for an entire Quarter per period for Elective use. However If you don’t plan to use them everyday then PLEASE do not reserve them for everyday (perhaps you will only use them every Monday & Thursday of the quarter).
5. ALL iPad Bucketsmust be returned by end of day , every daybefore dismissal for charging & syncing if this does not occur then iPads will not be charged for use the following day. At the end of the day, Buckets must be returned to the Media Center OR Wrtz Lab BEFORE dismissal.
iPads will be re-charged in the syncing box on the Apple-Cart every evening as long as they are returned
Single Student iPad check out – Not Available
Conflicting requests – Discuss and share Buckets week to week.
Multiple Bucket Check-Out – ALLOWED Only if Buckets are available
APPS for student iPads are organized in folders. (Math, k-Math, ELA, K-ELA, Social Studies, Science, Productivity, Photography, and Games. All iPads are not exactly the same but similar. Most Student iPads share the same Apps. Powell will set up an APP account in the future, funds will come from the recycle account. If you find a free APP and wish to download, please request an APP download using the “Report Problems” Tab on the Technology WEB Site http://powelltech.weebly.com/report-problems.html. FREE APPS will be downloaded the Friday after request is made. (You may download a free APP using your Apple ID BUT the APPs will only sync under the Powell ID when they are updated.)